I put my 4 week old chicks outside and i am......

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, May 16, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Missing them so much!!! I keep looking in the washroom for them missing their little peeps and wondering if they are ok!...I had a diffcult time letting my last chicks that are now 6 weeks old go. Why does this have to be so hard???????

I put them in with the 6 weeks old who seemed to enjoy their company! So I hope my oldest chick (Punkie) who is 7 weeks old now takes the little ones under her wings as she has the 6 weeks old.

I still miss my babies it feels so lonely now... [​IMG]

2. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Bring them back for a while... no one says they gotta go out at a certain time... it's up to you [​IMG]

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Put a baby monitor outside w/ them so you can hear them.

4. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    I just moved my four week olds out tonight. The outside coop they are in is under the window to our bedroom so I can hear them and make sure they are okay. It is hard sending them out and I'm sure I won't get much sleep tonight. Being worried just means your a good mommy. [​IMG]

5. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I don't even want to think about that day, I just brought my babies home! I do feel bad for you guys tho! [​IMG]

6. pkallaus

pkallaus New Egg

May 17, 2009
    Kailua,Hawaii
    My darling wife made me put in a wireless video camera so she could see all the action.[​IMG]

7. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Quote:oh.. I considered doing just that, but I have 3 different coops and am building #4. It could get expensive! I think I'm going to try the baby monitor in the coop with my babies though at night. Hubby will probably move to the guest room! [​IMG]

8. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    OH![​IMG]
    It will be alright.....I would bring them back inside....maybe......or maybe get another few chicks?[​IMG] (a few days old?)
    I have 8 inside, 2 weeks old - 1 week old. I constantly have to check on them......time will go to fast![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    OH I was the same way. Missed them, worried like crazy, but they love it. They are so much happier than in the brooder box. It is hard I know. I feel your pain, LOL.

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Here, I'll dust my house real quick and bring the dust to your house. That should keep you from missing them so much. [​IMG]

The one thing I would NOT do is bring them back inside. Once they are outside they start acclimating to the temps. changing throughout the day and night. Taking them inside and out wouldn't be good for them. Kinda like you going back and forth from a warm house to the outdoors over and over again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by