I put my RIR's on Craigslist?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ginbart, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I didn't know where to put them so I put them under (pets) because they are my pets. Should I have put them in farming? [​IMG]

I have 5 roos and only 8 hens so I could not keep them all. Thak's the reason I'm getting rid of them. [​IMG]

Do you think I put them in the right place?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I tend to get flagged for some reason when I put them under pets so in this area I put them under farm and livestock. It's because apparently there are some in this area who think that by charging 15 for a chicken is "selling" vs 500 for a "rehoming fee" on a dog isn't.

Either section would be fine I'd think.

3. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Yes, under farm & garden and also in general. You may get flagged by the overzealous flaggers by posting chickens in pets.

4. Psittizen Shikkin

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Quote:I think that if you specifically say rehoming fee that you will be less likely to get flagged. There are some real freaks out there that think it's their job to keep everything in line and in it's place according to the exact rules etc.

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Farm & Garden or Pets should be fine I think. I've seen chickens in both sections.

6. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    i only really look for chickens in the farm section, and yeah people flag everything on my craigslist. I cant even put a WTB in the farm section for a farm item. I think that is dumb.

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Trust me. I've tried "rehoming fee of $x" as per rules but my concluding thought is that apparently, chicken aren't pets to the flaggers. Free doesn't even work for rosoters. [​IMG]

Think there are some more sane people who "troll" the farm garden section vs pets.

8. Psittizen Shikkin

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Quote:[​IMG] I think you're right

9. cbrink

cbrink Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2008
    NJ
    Craigslist is a real pain to sell chickens I always get flagged no matter what I write down.

10. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I did put a re-homing fee. So if I get flagged does that mean they will remove them. Then I could I put them under farming? Or do I need to wait? By the way thanks for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by