I put my silkie in with my otherornamentals and she got attacked

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by naakte, Oct 5, 2011.

1. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    I have one silkie who is 4 months old. I want to put her in the ornamental coop with my sultan, and white crested polish. I tried putting her in there today and they attacked her so i swoopws kiwi up and took her back in the house and there she is in a cage in the chick room. She needs to be with other chickens, and not cooped up in a cage. It is a huge parrot cage but I know she would be happier outside. I successfully placed my sultan with the white crested polish over a month ago, and never had issue. I love Kiwi and wouldnt mind if she lived her life inside, but I know she would be happier playing chase with my other ornamental s. what is the safest way to get her in there with them?

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I would keep her quarantined and separated within view from each other that way they can get used to each other.

3. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

a small pen within the pen for a while - its always worked for me.
    My flock will try to chase off anybird who is unfamiliar. after a while of being in the pen within a pen for safety , the new gal wont seem so threatening or unfamiliar .
    Good luck
    would love to see pics!
    we have silkies , polish , sultan & crevecouer Chickens along with a few "regular" chickens , RIR & SLW and they all live together , peacefully

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by