I put plastic on the coop tonight

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rocket Raley, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Rocket Raley

Rocket Raley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    I put the plastic on the coop tonight. It was horrible to watch but funny at the same time.

I wish I could afford a camcorder cause this would have been one of those moments.

When I let my toddlers out to free range I put the plastic on the coop because we are under a Frost advisory tonight. I knew this was not going to go over well cause at the top of the coop it is open so they can fly over to the pen. Well they roost on the wall every night. I reckon you need to see the pic to understand.
    [​IMG]
    So when they went in for the night, they kept flying up to the wall. Then they would hit the plastic and fall down. They did this repeatly.

Finally they all came out of the pen/ coop to me and I swear they were thinking/ clucking, “Something’s wrong here”

I went into the pen and they followed me, I told them they have to find a new place to sleep.

Don’t tell me chickens don’t understand what we say, cause they all went in the chicken door to the coop and got on the empty roosting bars.

I guess they adapt better than what I thought. I was prepared to chase them out of the plum trees tonight.

2. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    [​IMG] TOO CUTE! Your right you did need a video camera LOL [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    And some people call chickens dumb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by