1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I put the eggs in on a Friday morning???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginbart, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    So day 18, in the morning, will be July 14. Do I take them off the turner in the afternoon? I put them in before noon on the 27th of June. These are not my eggs I'm doing them for someone and I want to get the best hatch for her. I think I'm right on waiting until afternoon. [​IMG] I always get confused as do you take them off the turner on day 18 or after day 18?

It's funny, I ask her how long she was collecting the eggs and she told me 3 weeks. I said OMG. [​IMG] So out of 32 eggs, 9 were clear, one of the 9 smelled bad and one have a blood ring. 2 are maybes and 20 had veins and moving.

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Wow ~ she's lucky only that many were bad! P-U!

I normally do it the night of the 18th, but I have banties and they normally seem to hatch sooner for me than standards for some reason. (I don't know what you have so just putting that there in case.)

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I really don't know what they are. Some are small, some are big, and one is white. Whoever heard of a white egg.LOL

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I always take the turner out late evening of the 18th too...doesn't matter if I set them in the morning or afternoon, for me they come out of the turner late day 18....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by