I QUIT! I just got mounted by a rooster.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CrazyCatNChickenLady, Feb 1, 2012.

1. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    I have a mostly blind boy I was trying to find a pet home for because he's soo friendly. I didnt associate his friendliness with hormones though.. OOPS. Lastnight he tried to perch on me from inside his pen and flew at me, then this morning dbf said he wouldn't stop following him around while doing laundry. (the cockerel lives in the laundry room) So I just typed up a CL post about him, went to snap a couple pics and picked him up and all before I realized what he was doing he grabbed the holy schnikeys out of my arm and started doing the deed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Then I tossed him basically and he jummped my foot. I now have a beak shaped welt and scratches on my arm, and a rooster waiting patiently for his lady to come back.. Bad BAD Mr. Rooster. [​IMG][​IMG] I Quit! Anyone want blind soup?

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    LOL! My rooster did the same thing, I was wearing purple jeans (and since he was a JG he knew hen color was kinda purple) and he came over and mounted my leg. Don't worry, your not the only one! [​IMG]

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I never let my boy get that friendly.... [​IMG] I have read a lot of stories on here about that happening though.

I guess it's a good thing the hens have feathers for that.... [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

<*trying not to giggle too loudly*>
    Ask BrattishTaz about overly-romantic rooster experiences.

With all the roosters I have now, or have had in the past, I have never had one of them mistake me for a hen that far along in the "not-so-romantic" process. Mine will tid-bit me, offering a small, pretty pebble, short twigs, or other objects they think I might appreciate, but never make contact. I also thank them nicely for the presents but never accept them. (As cute as is the behavior, and as much as I would love to have a collection of roo gifts for conversation pieces!)

Once, my dominant roo, Carl, offered me a cigarette butt he'd found for me. I am now much more careful about where I dispose of those!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Stan likes to bring me gifts:

[​IMG]

If I ignore him, he'll swing his offering in the air!

6. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Mine tried to court me yesterday. Here he is coming sideways at me
    [​IMG]

7. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    [​IMG] Oh Stan!

Lacey that boy is pretty handsome! I have 5 roosters right now and if any of them come at me funny, or sexually for that matter, gets put into their place. Anyone too aggressive is soup too. This poor boy though! He cant see, he just knows I'm his only buddy. And he thinks lady friend..

I knowwww you're in there...... no excuses for the filthy window btw! (actually its a pane glass door) [​IMG] uuhh, 10 cats? an 'outdoor' sink in the laundry room, and the brooder is in there too..? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I grabbed him for a quick picture!
    [​IMG]

Hahahh! Even better then the dirty window is the shovel in my kitchen! [​IMG] There's a story to that actually, the cats spilled the cat litter and one was trying to potty in it and dbf couldnt find the dustpan!! [​IMG] So he grabbed the outside broom and the flathead shovel.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Well they DO SAY love is blind. I guess it applies to roosters too.

9. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    So, CrazyCatNChickenLady, when will your chicks hatch? [​IMG]

I couldn't resist.

10. Allygirl

Allygirl Out Of The Brooder

I have 2 Golden Laced Cochins who started to do that Will was grabed by the back of his neck and "spanked" Jack was slapped =] The Brahama roo who tried it went cartwheeling (literally) across the coop. Needless to say I was never bothered again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by