I quit smoking

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TTracy, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TTracy

TTracy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    Hey, just rambling.
    I smoked my last cig yesterday at 230pm
    I am using chantix and e-cigs to assist me with quitting, and I am surprised how well I am doing!
    Dont get me wrong, I have moments of sheer panic!!
    I started smoking when I was 15years old, I am now 43...I have tried quitting 4 other times throughout my life, but I really feel it in my bones that this time is THE time!

2. 14RiceM

14RiceM Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! That's great, better late than never and soon your body will begin recovering:) Good luck!!![​IMG]

3. TTracy

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    Thank you so much!!! Another day with cancer sticks!!

4. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    That is great! Stick with it you can do it.[​IMG]

5. TTracy

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    Thanks. Today is day 3! Have had a lot of urges today, even with the e cig!! Maybe its that 3 day hump or something?

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just keep at it! Good for you! I have never smoked, but I here its a real bear to quit. Kudos to you! [​IMG]

7. 14RiceM

14RiceM Chillin' With My Peeps

That's great! You'll feel so great knowing that you fought the urges even though it must be difficult right now! You can do it! :)

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Awesome! My hubby quit when a pack of cigarettes hit 89 cents a pack. That's was long ago. I just recently spoke with an elderly gentleman who said he tried to quit several times. And even went to a doctor to get a prescription(he didn't remember what it was) at one time. He never filled the prescription because it was over a hundred dollars. He said he simply put down his last cigarette and walked away. He did admit, though, that he would never dare pick one up because even after 40 years he's afraid he'd never stop.

Just think of all the money you'll be saving!

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I smoked a pack a day for 10 years an quit when I was 24. I turn 35 in 7 days. Still crave one every now an then and know I would not be able to stop if I did.

I quit using the patches an $$$ in peppermints.

Not long after I quit my best friend growing up found out he had cancer. Sorta odd. He came by right after I quit talking about how he needed to. How his chest was hurting him. Then he finds out he has bone marrow cancer which eventually kills him.

FYI, I remember hitting a wall about 2 weeks in. It took me 3 tries before I made it over that 2 week in wall. At about 3 weeks I was good. The patches were done at the end of week 3 an that made week 4 hard to but not as bad as week 2. By week 5 it was about like resisting a cheeseburger craving...

10. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    I'm going on 15 years since I quit, best thing I ever did!!!! Stick with it you can do it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by