I quit smoking

TTracy

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 8, 2013
Western Michigan
Hey, just rambling.
I smoked my last cig yesterday at 230pm
I am using chantix and e-cigs to assist me with quitting, and I am surprised how well I am doing!
Dont get me wrong, I have moments of sheer panic!!
I started smoking when I was 15years old, I am now 43...I have tried quitting 4 other times throughout my life, but I really feel it in my bones that this time is THE time!

Congratulations! That's great, better late than never and soon your body will begin recovering:) Good luck!!!
big_smile.png

Awesome! My hubby quit when a pack of cigarettes hit 89 cents a pack. That's was long ago. I just recently spoke with an elderly gentleman who said he tried to quit several times. And even went to a doctor to get a prescription(he didn't remember what it was) at one time. He never filled the prescription because it was over a hundred dollars. He said he simply put down his last cigarette and walked away. He did admit, though, that he would never dare pick one up because even after 40 years he's afraid he'd never stop.

Just think of all the money you'll be saving!

I smoked a pack a day for 10 years an quit when I was 24. I turn 35 in 7 days. Still crave one every now an then and know I would not be able to stop if I did.

I quit using the patches an $$$ in peppermints.

Not long after I quit my best friend growing up found out he had cancer. Sorta odd. He came by right after I quit talking about how he needed to. How his chest was hurting him. Then he finds out he has bone marrow cancer which eventually kills him.

FYI, I remember hitting a wall about 2 weeks in. It took me 3 tries before I made it over that 2 week in wall. At about 3 weeks I was good. The patches were done at the end of week 3 an that made week 4 hard to but not as bad as week 2. By week 5 it was about like resisting a cheeseburger craving...

Back
Top Bottom