I ran over my black copper pullet with the tractor...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by warhorse, May 1, 2009.

1. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    ...twice. [​IMG] Thank goodness it was the tractor-coop and not the Masey Ferguson. The poor thing just couldn't grasp the concept of "when the wall moves towards you, you have to walk the opposide direction". The first time, the coop rolled right over her and she laid in the lawn confused. I scooped her up and set her on the perch inside the tractor and started moving it again. She promptly hopped down and fell under the moving wall again. (sigh) So, I picked her up and set her on the top of the coop as I rolled it across the yard. The other 7 babies marched very well in the rolling coop to new grass. She seemed happy to ride on top looking at me. I put her back in the coop after I moved it and she was still moving around sort of slow. I hope she wasn't hurt too badly. [​IMG]

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Good golly goo, I was freaking out!! Thank goodness it was just the coop!LOL [​IMG]

3. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    yea i find my self constantly mashin my chickens everytime i move our chicken tractor
    poor things just aint smart enough to move

4. warhorse

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Quote:Most of mine actually do catch on and march fairly well in the direction of travel. "There is always one, though."

5. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Maybe it's a Marans thing. I have one BCM roo I call "Short bus", because I swear he was hit by the short bus. Dumbest bird I've ever seem.

I suspect he forgets how to breath from time to time.

6. citygirl

citygirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    [​IMG] Short bus - hilarious!

7. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Dude! I totally was thinking "lawn tractor" and preparing myself for the worst....

And "short bus"...... fabulous.....

8. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    My neighbor's chicken was killed and left in our yard by a neighbor's dog and the grass was tall my dad went to mow and didn't see it and "PUFF!" feathers everywhere. My dad thought he hit a live chicken.

9. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    [​IMG]

poor thing

10. warhorse

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    She actually died yesterday. [​IMG] I wonder... she was half the size of the others and sort of "special" acting before this happened. I wonder what was wrong with her?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by