1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I really hate my husbands dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by equine chick, Jul 23, 2007.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Two months ago i found a stray black kitten on our road, ended up adopting it and of course getting too attached. IT was really my teenage daughters cat but i had to fall in love with it too. I went to the grocery store yesterday, my husband's hunting dog was in the house, dh fell asleep and it ended up killing my kitten, it's neck was broken. I am so sick, it was just a cat i can't even look at my husband for letting that dog in the house. I just want that dog gone now! That lil kitten did not deserve the fate it got, he was friendly to everyone. i know i need to let this go because he feels bad enough but i really loved that cat. I buried him behind the barn under the apple tree. I know this is a chicken forum but just needed to vent, and get over this already.

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I am so sorry to hear that---I know it doesnt make you feel any better but stuff like this happens. It is an accident...dogs are dogs. You may never feel the same for your dog again, but he was just doing what is mostly instinctual to him.

I hope you heart mends quickly.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, equine, I am so sorry to hear that. Poor kitty. I hope your heart heals fast...and DH learned a lesson about HIS dog. OUT dam ya OUT!

4. ChickenDawg

ChickenDawg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2007
    GA
    I'm so sorry about your kitty [​IMG] [​IMG]. Maybe your husband will get you another kitten and then put the huntin' dog outside and leave him outside. Ours like it better outside anyway.

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    The dog is so out of the house!!!! IT normally does not stay in the house, but my other two dogs do. My beagle was outside on the patio in his run with my lab ginger. Even if they were in the house, they loved and played with him all the time. I was only gone about 30 minutes tops. I know he feels bad, he just got done shooting up at his hunting club and had not put harley in his pen and i guess fell asleep before i came home. That dog is so lucky i am an animal lover, but he has lost priviledges to ever be in the house. Dh feels bad i know, but can't believe his dog this. I told "what do you expect! You teach him to hunt ducks and rabbits, sometimes they don't know the difference, between prey and a lil kitten" I'll get over this but really miss the lil guy chasing my feet.

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    OOOOOOOOOH - it's my husband who would be sleeping outside if this happened. I'm so sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by