I really hate waiting!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by The Wolf Queen, Dec 17, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    and now I will explain why. I had to give away my previous rats in May and for a couple months now I have been arguing with my mom about getting some more (she hates them [​IMG]). Well finally she gave in [​IMG]. I can get more rats now (Ive decided on 2 dumbo females, a hairless, and a standard coat).The only problem is that since Ive decided to only get 2 Ive decided to get a smaller, but still large enough, cage. So I ordered a new Martin's cage yesterday (R-660 The Rat Cubbyhole). The problem is that it take about 5-7 days for the cage to get here!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. So now I have to wait till like next week to get the rats. [​IMG]. WHY??? Ahhhhhh. I'm going to go crackers waiting. Plus when I went to PetSmart yesterday and a few days before (were not just the regualrs were beyond that lol. Did I mention were probably the only ones in the state who can go into PetSmart and spend 3 hours in there [​IMG]) I found one of the PERFECT rats for me. Im REALLY hoping she doesn't sell. [​IMG]. Anyways, to get to the point... I HATE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Couldn't you buy the rats and just stick them in the larger cage until the smaller one arrives? That's probably what I would do, since I hate waiting too LOL

3. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I would, but that would mean going out in the cold hooking up the hoses, spraying over the gigantuin (sp?) cage, and I would have to also go all over the city looking for the right size of igloo lol. I'm too lazy for that and cant drive yet. [​IMG]. Actually the having to wait is a good thing because I have a few day to collect everything I need because I go to PetSmart a couple times a week anyways (man I need a life) but I'm sure not enjoying it... actually if I could drive I probably would spend my day going to every PetSmart here... I find it sad that that is my idea of fun [​IMG]

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    If hanging out in pet stores is sad then you have a lot of sad company here on this site! [​IMG] Check with the petshop and see if you pay for the rat if they will hold it for you.

5. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

I was also going to suggest paying for the rats and having them put a hold on them, too.

Dumbos are so cute! I had a rat growing up. They are so sweet! I love the way the hairless are so warm when you hold them, too.

I was thinking of teasing and saying you could just keep them in a box. That would last for, say a couple hours. Do you have any plastic storage bins that you could use temporarily?

I hope they have some sweet ones still there when you go to pick them up. I know the dumbos and hairless are prone to health issues, so pass up ones that don't act right. They will get more in soon enough.

6. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Well I just found out the cage wont arrive till Tuesday. I asked the people at PetSmart about putting a rat on hold apparently they sell so fast that they cant put one or 2 on hold which I find odd since everyone else is always telling me it takes forever to sell the rats because of their rep. The other thing that annoys me is that last time I had a dumbo (I had for 2 years and she just died in May) they said they could put one on hold for 2 days. WTH?

Andi wrote: Dumbos are so cute! I had a rat growing up. They are so sweet! I love the way the hairless are so warm when you hold them, too.

Yeah dumbos are the best. Fancies are friendly but you just cant go wrong with dumbos.

Andi wrote: I hope they have some sweet ones still there when you go to pick them up. I know the dumbos and hairless are prone to health issues, so pass up ones that don't act right. They will get more in soon enough.

I hope so to, except so far the only really jumpy ones were 2 standard eared hairless. But those were younger.

Health wise ive had rats before thankfully and know what can happen. I just hope that if they have anything its a mild case of Myco. That I have way TOO much experience. My 1rst ever rat died from that because the doctors werent well informed and didnt know there was medicines they could give the rats, and I didnt learn till recently that you can give them a bird medicine called Ornacycline that helps as well. Then again my dumbo had it and I was able to care for her and get it to clear up... Ya know I just realized im going on and on and on and on... lol oops [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by