i really have no words

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jun 8, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    alicia my blue and white scovy is GONE. i really can't stop crying..

first quackers who has been gone for 3 weeks.. now her daughter.

i came out thinking she was picking on little foot who was quacking.. she was quacking cuz alicia is gone.

ya idk i'm like wow really freakin depressed now..

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Oh no! So so sorry, I hope they both return home.

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Maybe they have a nest somewhere and have gone broody on you? I know they like to hide their nests when they want to hatch babies.

4. hbwbk

hbwbk Out Of The Brooder

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they will just appear with there family in tow and say look ma what we have.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  5. Totes Quackers

Totes Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    Naawwww [​IMG]
    Hope your quackers come home soon [​IMG]

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    yeah.. the nest theory is out the door... there are feathers everywhere.... alicia doesn't have a drake anywhere.. she can't get in with duckie at all.. and yeah quackers had a nest when she disappeared.. i doubt she left her half incubated nest to go start a new one.. something got both my girls.. and hopefully all the flaws in my pens are fixed.. the door to alicia's pen was opened by something and i know it wasn't her..

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I was deveasted when I got your text message ths morning. So soon after loosing Quackers- this must make this so much harder for you to handle My thoughts are with you across the distance my friend.

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:thank you my love. thank you for calling me in the states all the way from aussie.. it really meant a lot <3

it is tough.. really tough.. the fact that there is feather evidence is just wow.. idk..

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh no! Feathers everywhere is not a good sign even though a lot of ducks are molting right now. I hate it when ducks go missing.

10. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Lovesduckies!! I'm so sorry, thats horrible!! [​IMG]
    I hope you can find out whats getting to them...can your ducks fly? Cause they could of dodged the attack and just flew off in a scare?
    Do you live in town? Because if its a dog you can complain and get it delt with so they owners don't let it out of their own property...
    I know my dog used to constantly undo my rabbit hutch latch for no other reason than to see the rabbits run havoc in my backyard [​IMG]

I really hope you get it all worked out, losing ducks are horrible [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by