I REALLY NEED HELP *viewer discretion advised*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kaylanoto, Oct 26, 2014.

1. kaylanoto

kaylanoto Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2014
    my piglet is a female she is also with two other boys so there's a good chance should could be pregnant but she is also about 4 months old so there's no way she could be having babies soon.. well if it is suppose to take 3 m 3w and 3d... pls let me know if you know why this discharge is coming out and if it is normal or if I should be concerned...[​IMG]

2. flufssilkies

flufssilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2014
    My family owns a pig farm and she is most likely not pregnant. The boys might be breeding her. My mom said it looks like semen coming out , she is awful young to be bred. I would separate them. Just my opinion.

3. kaylanoto

Aug 9, 2014
    @flufssilkies yes I agree I don't want her to be pregnant; however when she's separated from them (we've tried this a few times) then she won't eat, or she will even escape by breaking or finding ways out, she just doesn't act like herself so I decided to just let her out with them.. I figured she couldn't be pregnant if she was this young.. again I'm very new at this... do you think I should still keep her separated? can't afford another (girl) friend for her at the moment

4. flufssilkies

May 4, 2014
    How much does she weigh?

5. kaylanoto

Aug 9, 2014
    @flufssilkies prob around 45 lbs

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    If you don't want her pregnant, you're going to have to make some management decisions. Separate her or she's going to get pregnant. If your males are the same age, they're probably too old to be easily castrated. What are the long term plans for the pigs?

7. flufssilkies

May 4, 2014
    I think she's pregnant.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It's late in the game, but if the pigs are for eating, the boars need to be castrated. I agree with fluffsilkies Mom - she's just been bred.

9. kaylanoto

Aug 9, 2014
    really for a hobby, because i love em! i wouldnt mind having her bred... however i wouldnt want anything to happen to her if she was pregnant at a too-young of age.... but you guys think she is? I'm working on getting her a girl-friend, and thank you for all your help
    @sourland @flufssilkies @donrae

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by