I really want an african grey :)

silveroaksrabbitry

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
I live in Northern California.
I have talked to alot of people who had "african greys avialable", Unfortunately they were all spammers with the camaroon story...
If anyone has nice african greys available, I am looking for one for a pet.
Thank you
Chelsie
please email me at:
[email protected]

try Petfinder.com and do a search under the "bird" category. There are ALWAYS many birds needing a good home. HOWEVER, if you have not raised larger birds before, PLEASE, PLEASE do your homework first!!! Grays are NOT "cuddle birds" as a rule, and when they hit their hormonal adolescence, they can be challenging to deal with. Too many people get a gray or a cockatoo b/c they want a cuddly, sweet bird, then when they are faced with challenges they never expected, the bird ends up in a rescue where the cycle is likely to start all over again. If you have never raised tropical and/or house birds before, start with a cockatiel or a conure. They are easier to deal with and a bit more "forgiving". Whatever bird you decide on, do plenty of research, and ASK CURRENT OR FORMER OWNERS the really tough questions. Make SURE you know what you're getting into before you bring a bird into your life, in order to be fair to yourself, your family, and the bird!

Quote:
I do raise greys,amazons, and cockatiels. Agree start with a cockatiel (baby) They are great bird for first timers.Live about 15 yrs. All the bigger parrot live 65 years or longer. So be sure you can plan for them the rest of your life.

Try the http://www.capitolbird.org in Sacramento, (Capitol City Bird Society) they have an adopt a bird program, plus access to private breeders, not spam or other garbage. These are people who are serious about their birds and require contracts and background information, so you need to be making an informed choice about the birds you are chosing.
Good Luck,

Tina/tfpets

PS My mother in law is part of the organization right now.

Don't forget to look into who will take care of your bird after you are gone. I'd inherited a grey from a family member after she passed. He was the sweetest booger you'd ever meet, but the only reason I got him is because family hated that bird. I am the grand-daughter-in-law. None of the lady's sons or my brothers-in-law wanted him. He lived to a ripe old age.

thank you guys so muchhhh..
its ben scam after scam ;/
I am going to check out the capitol city bird society but its so disapointing.
I have a cockatiel right now.. and he is sooo sweet. And my friend has an african grey which is what got me realy into wanting one..
I have alot of experience with birds, like jenday conures, sun conures and even macaws.
Thank you very much
;]

Back
Top Bottom