I really wonder about people sometimes!!!!!!1

runamuck

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Northern michigan
today I go into the local TSC. I know most of the workers there and am friendly with the manager , I hear peeping so I head back to see what they got. They have a big tank filled with duckling and they have given them a big pool to swim in. I look at the one lady and say "That big pool of water is a really bad idea for day old ducklings." Now I raise duckling LOTS and LOTS of duckling and if they are hatched by a human not a mama duck they will not have the proper oils to keep them from getting waterlogged. This protection comes later when the duckling learn to properly groom themselfs. One woman who is very much a good person and wants to do whats right starts to remove the pool . Well , This other lady ( loosly calling her that} comes over and start to inform me she has done it this way for the last 8 yrs and she knows what is BEST and if ducklings die its Their Loss and I shouldnt be worried about it. At this Point I'm livid and about to loose it!!!!!! So I retort..... I know it will not be a loss to you but its a HUGE loss to the duckling involved!!!!!! "sigh"
th.gif
barnie.gif
I will be calling the manager tommorow since he was out for the day.

Please do call the manager. That lady needs to be put in her place, nicely and given the proper information for the health and well-being of those ducklings.

UGH, I hate people that act that way. I mean, it's not like people will care if the cute ducks are swimming or not, they are cute as it is!! And I am a firm believer that even one preventable loss is horrible, and the employees should realize that. If I was that manager, that employee would be out, as she obviously has no concept of profit/loss. Example: If I was an occasional customer, and she acted like that (or I overheard the conversation) I would never go back, and that would be a bigger loss than the chicks that may/maynot drown! Especially since TSC and such stores are now my 2nd favorite stores (Target is #1). They would loose a lot of my business, for that one employees negligence. Just my 2 cents.

Wow your TSc is still geting babies! Ours stopped almost a month ago!
Its better then when I went in there ducks had no water and the girl who was working there was like water? sigh I told 3 people they needed water before they got it. sigh
Crystal

Ugh... I always tell my customers not to allow young ducklings to swim. I even place signs up about duckling care but there is always one wise butt in the crowd that has to pipe up and go on about how ducks are born to swim and can do so from day one without problems.

Back
Top Bottom