I received my 10 Ameraucana's today!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MikelJohn, Feb 22, 2008.

1. MikelJohn

MikelJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    I received my 10 Ameraucana's today. They are sooooo cute! I love 'em. They look like little owls! And I hope every one makes it. They look good. I'm going to try to get my wife to upload a pic this evening when she gets home. I'm 36 years old and I still feel like a kid with a new toy every time I get chics in. My kids are going to love these! I had two snowy mallards that arrived but one was dead and the other poor baby died in my hand while I was trying to give it water. I don't think I am ordering any more ducks. It's too easy for them to dehydrate. Have a nice day. [​IMG]

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    don't forget the details like where their from. they are a blast to watch better than tv and rest time is just like commercial time. what a hoot ours keep me laughing.

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] So glad you're chicks came in safely. I have 5 EE's and just love them. Sorry to hear about your ducks. Where did you get them from? Snowy mallards, huh? I'll have to look them up they sound intriguing. I'm interested in picking up one or two ducks this spring if I can talk my DH into letting me have them. [​IMG]

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Ideal is the only hatchery I've ever seen advertising snowy mallards.

www.ideal-poultry.com and, as always, they're a BYC sponser

5. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks ksacres! I just might have to add a few to my Ideal order. [​IMG]

6. MikelJohn

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    I got the snowy mallards from Ideal. I called today and they said they wouldn't have anymore till April. I would give them a call and ask them to reserve them for you if you really want some. These ducks are beautiful. They are a yellow/white in color when they hatch. They are very small and fragile. I really wish I wouldn't have lost them. If I had a picture, I would post it. Even though they are dead, they are still so pretty. [​IMG]

7. MikelJohn

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    Quote:Details like where they are from?

Is there something I need to know? Please tell me!

8. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    no just curious and making conversation

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by