I Resisted Chicken Math!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, May 10, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    BUT ONLY BECAUSE i WENT TODAY AND CHICK DAY AT THE CO-OP DOESN'T START TIL THURSDAY!!! [​IMG] I needed chick food and dog food (and crickets for chicks too) and when I went in there were 20 brooders set up! [​IMG] I started to slowly walk BACK OUT the door and the owner saw me and said it was ok to come in, "They chicks won't be here til Thursday." I immediately thought CRAP!!!!!! [​IMG] But then I took a deep breath and said I have yard work to do on Thursday and Friday if it's nice out (please let it be nice out! [​IMG] ) and I won't b able to come back. I already have 29 chics!!! I don't need anymore. [​IMG] But I want them!!! [​IMG] But my coop and run will hold no more!!! [​IMG] Why didn't I have the DBF build on to the coop?? [​IMG] Please share pics of ur baby chicks so I can look at someone else's babies! Please, please, please?? [​IMG]

2. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    you can scroll down to my "PIC HEAVY" post and help me pick my fuzzies...

I will put more pics up tomorrow lol...of more that I et to choose from...

but dont you need to go back on Friday the 13th for something???????????????

3. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I did! Check ur thread for my name. I changed my pic! [​IMG] I said u should def get the burnt sienna one, the old man one, the cute fuzzy yellow one and the black and white one! [​IMG] I think u should stop at just 4-5 chicks. NOT!!! TAKE AS MANY AS U CAN AND RUN!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What is really bad is that I don't have anything to stop me from going back up there on Friday. I really could buy 1 more...but then he would need a buddy...and I am so ready to get my 29 peeps out in the coop now, that I don't want to start over again with babies!! [​IMG] Why do they have to be so dang cute!! [​IMG]

4. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I dont know..mine are all happily in their new home:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=499607

and we just have a few things left to do on it; ie; roof and door lol..to run..but they LOOOVE running around...so they are out of my house..out of the teen brooder and into the
    run/coop now...

but I'm gonna have to start over w/the darn baby brooder again! ackkk...

oh well...we must do..what we must do right?

<sigh> I feel your pain...

5. mcsfarms

mcsfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern California
    we are limited to 10 chickens in city limits, we have 5 which is enough for our first time raising chicks, next time definitely 10.
    Your coop and run are really nice - wish we had that much room

6. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    I feel your pain I went to the feed store yesterday and they had Plymouth Rock Pullets thank goodness they had a sign that said "sorry all chicks are sold" over the bin! I took it as a sign from a higher power that I didn't need anymore than the 9 I have for right now. Besides DH would have probably killed me if he came home from work and there were 11 chicks in the brooder.

7. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I have 2 Barred Rocks and they r probably the friendliest chicks I have. I had to go to town today and was very close to the Co-Op...but it's Wednesday and chicks won't be there til Thursday...so I avoided disaster again!! [​IMG]

8. nodoggies

nodoggies Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2011
    This cracked me up! I've been having the same problem, and managed to resist all season. Until today, when I had too much time on my hands at work and ended up looking at chick schedules for local feed stores. I'm fairly certain I'm not going to make it home tonight without new chicks.

9. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:[​IMG] Cutie chicks win again! [​IMG] Be sure to post pics of ur new babies!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by