I said I wouldn't....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by watchdogps, Sep 27, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I said I wasnt going to have chicks, but then I decided I would get some broodies to hatch some for me. I said I wasn't going to do any myself, no way. But then I found my mom's oast in the basement....I bet that would make a great incubator with very few changes...it's even big enough to be a brooder when they hatch out....NO! No eggs! No!
    But the peeps are so cute....and you guys seem to have so much fun...and the excitement of the pipping...
    NO! No eggs!
    Someone stop me!
    Well, I certainly can't do it now, as it's going to get chilly here in Ohio very shortly, and I'd be stuck with chicks inside till spring.
    We do have three big empty bedrooms.....
    NO!

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Go ahead and start posting in the incubators anonymous thread darling. We will be waiting for you. Want some eggs?

3. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Quote:sure you can. Ill be hatching all winter. Just be sure they stay warm.

4. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:sure you can. Ill be hatching all winter. Just be sure they stay warm.

The only place I have that will stay warm is the house!
    Oh, no wait, I DO have electric in the barn....
    You are horrible enablers...

5. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    [​IMG] heat lamps. fall chicks are the best you know

6. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Give it up [​IMG] You know the fuzzybutts are gonna win so just go with the flow like the rest of us do. [​IMG]

7. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:David, I will have you know this is all YOUR fault. One of your pics shows a brooder (or was it an incubator?) that looks like a cabinet, glass doors, etc. I thought "gee, that looks like moms' oast, i bet I could use that to..."
    So, if my husband divorces me because I have too many chickens in the bedroom, we're all going to come shack up at your place!

8. BairleaFarm

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    [​IMG]

we're all going to come shack up at your place

sounds like a plan. I have room for you and I still need 320 more chickens by fall.​

9. watchdogps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:sounds like a plan. I have room for you and I still need 320 more chickens by fall.

yeah, the one on the right is my inspiration.
    What are you doing with 320 more chickens???
    I've got about 50. Plus 7 dogs (3 are LGDs though!) and 10 cats. No wait, 8 cats, BYC member is taking two of the babies!

10. Zonoma

Zonoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:David, I will have you know this is all YOUR fault. One of your pics shows a brooder (or was it an incubator?) that looks like a cabinet, glass doors, etc. I thought "gee, that looks like moms' oast, i bet I could use that to..."
    So, if my husband divorces me because I have too many chickens in the bedroom, we're all going to come shack up at your place!

x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by