i saved a chicks life this morning...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grant6411, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    ok, so this morning i was at my agriculture class, looking at my 4 chicks, which first of all, the 22 chicks are held in this steel thing that has 2 roof plate on that u can take off, the thing is on a table and its hard to explain, but anyway so 1 roof was off while i look at my chicks, at somebody's chick suddenly jumps and flys and lands on the 1 cm big top of the wall, so its facing the ground, but just before it took a death jump i grabbed it as fast as i can and put it back in. it scared the crap outta me lol! but i feel good cuase it was my friends chick that i saved. so ive been into chicks for like 3 weeks, and having chicks for 1 week, and im already quick to react so that i saved a chick's life. yay! [​IMG] btw im thinking about entering the florida state fair, and than i wanna wear a BYC shirt or something to see if any 1 else on BYC would be there.

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Good save, Grant!!! Your friend must be grateful to you (not to mention the chick!). [​IMG] Question: How do you tell your chicks from the others? Does everybody have 4 to take care of? Will you be taking them home eventually and, if not, what will happen to them? Tell me more about this project. It sounds interesting and you sound like you've been bitten by the chicken bug! BTW, you have a nice assortment of breeds.

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    [​IMG]

4. Grant6411

Grant6411 RIP Steven

Dec 1, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Quote:thank you, um at first we marked them with erasable markers, than i bought wire tires and shared with every1 and helped put them on their legs, not too loose not too tight, no i bought 4, which is the most out of what every1 bought, yes once i leave the school ill keep them at my house. its not a project, its just that in ag my teacher asked who would be intrested after she showed us some japeneese bantams and i realised chickens arent all white and thats it lol. bought them 5$ each, like i said i just fell in love with sultans, which ended up being polish instead which im fine with, and ive been bitten big time lol, and thank you, they are pretty awesome [​IMG] i'd be happy to answer any other questions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by