I saw a cute pond I liked in the pond thread...

sheeshshe

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
But, man those liner things are expensive! is there anything else that works well that isn't as expensive? or should I just get a kiddie pool? I wanted them to be able to swim under water since they really love doing that so much, and a kiddie pool isn't exactly deep enough, plus a kiddie pool is hard to empty. I would want something more raised off the ground so that I could easily drain it with a hose into my garden. the one I saw was with pallets and raised above ground.

I'm trying to do this thrifty. like under $25 if I can. someone told me I could line it with cement. perhaps if I used some thin plastic for the mould, then spread the cement over the plastic? Hmmmm...

just something above ground, that I can drain down to my garden. I don't want to deal with flipping pools and bailing out water etc. I want something big enough and above the ground so gravity can move the water to the garden, and a little big deep so they can dive :) like a bath tub. can't find one of those used, darn it.

I suppose I 'could' do that... if I raised it up on a couple of pallets.. however, they still wouldn't be able to dive. they just love doing that so much. if I can't figure out a solution though, I suppose the pool option would work if I put the fitting.

Try the bigger pool and put a drain in. I used this until I built the duck pond

They were able to dive and each time I refilled (every 3-4 days) they went nuts with diving.
It did have a drain as I wasn't going to try to dump that sucker!

oooh! I like that one. where'd you find it? I looked at toys r us a little while ago, and they didn't have any big ones. they did have a small one that seemed to be a bit deeper than the others though.

Back
Top Bottom