I saw a man beat his dog! Help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nan5634, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Nan5634

Nan5634 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I went to go look at a horse and we had to wait a while. So while were waiting we heard a dog screeching in pain. This guy was beating his little dog on the head AND holding it by the scruff of it's neck! That's not even the worst part! He then THREW it in the house! Not underhanded! He lifted it up over his head and pitched it in the house. We called the Humane Society and they went to warn him. But I'm afraid he'll take it out on the dog! Help!!!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    That's all you can do. He sounds crazy enough you don't want to "liberate" the dog yourself. You just have to trust the humane society on this.

3. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Too bad you couldnt walk over there, stop the man, and beat the crap out of him. I mean it, that is what I would have done.
    Then my DH would be bailing me out of jail on assault charges; but it would have been worth it.

People who abuse animals, children and women are just cowards. The victim is always somebody that can't fight back

4. RescueWitch

RescueWitch New Egg

Jun 25, 2008
    Ottawa Valley, Canada EH!
    Is there any chance in a week or so doing a drive by or something. If you report abuse a second time maybe the HS can take the dog to a vet for an examination and get the dog out of there. Unfortunately your inclination is probably right, he will take the 1st "warning" out on his dog. People like this need more than a warning but unfortunately in our Country & many of the States the laws just dont protect animals adequately from these monsters.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I would just wait another day and report him again, so he can get another warning or whatever!

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Oh BOY! I would have ran right over to that idiot and took the dog from him. What a horrible, nasty person!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  7. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    i would have stolen the dog. i hate when i see people do that kind of stuff.

8. Nan5634

Nan5634 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    The sad thing is if I stole his dog he could report me for theft.

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    But what if you were "accidently" walking by and you just "happened" to see the dog and you "accidently" let it out of the house and you just "happened" to be holding a turkey sandwhich and the dog just "happened" to follow you to your house? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Last time my son saw someone beating his dog, he came home with the dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by