I saw a possum sharing food with my cat Scrapper!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gmendoza, Sep 21, 2011.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    The nerve of Scrapper (our outdoor farm-cat help) bringing his hunting buddy-possum home to free feed.

I was looking out into the yard this morning and looking into the girls clubhouse.DW put Scrappers food in there for rain shelter.Anyways,I saw a grey body and white face eating his food.Well I got my pelet gun out,but missed him as he left the clubhouse.Then I saw something that irked me.Scrapper comming out of the clubhouse too. I cant believe that Jerk Scrapper. Hes getting his hunting buddies free food.I can hear them now:

Scrapper - Hey Possum dude,come over my place for some free grub.Belly up to the bar.

Possum - ok scrappy,...by the way, my name is pete.

I hear adult possums and adult ferel cats tolerate each other,but never seen it. Now I have seen it. [​IMG]

2. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Same here though, except that they share it with feral cats in the neighborhood.

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Yup, I've finally named the possums.

Imp

4. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I had one that came up on my porch to eat cat food I left out for a stray cat. That possum would also come look in the windows of our house. He was very curious. I kind of took a liking to him actually. I was sad when he died, because I'd gotten used to him hanging around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by