I saw super dark eggs :O

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GracefulBantams, Feb 22, 2008.

1. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I was just browsing EBay for incubators, and I came upon these incredibly dark eggs [​IMG] Of course, they are selling for over $10 per egg which is way out of my price range [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    If it's any consolation, the seller uses the same picture over and over again. The feedback looks good, though.

3. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

IF you're looking for marans eggs, go to the marans breeders of America. They've got people selling eggs that are really nice and dark and for MUCH less money.

4. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm not really interested in them, I just thought it was, well.....interesting [​IMG]

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Contact Margaret. Mergmet She has lovely Marans. Here's the link to her website.

www.endlessfarm.net

6. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I would NEVER try and slam her because she's extremely nice, but I did get eggs from her about two years ago and they were not near that close to being dark. I'm wondering if those are maybe from new stock. Younger pullets I mean, than what I got? The ones I got were supposed to be for golden marans. I didn't have any luck hatching them, but they were really well packed and shipped quickly. She even sent me a second batch for free. I had a styrobator back then too..which is probably why they didn't hatch.

Just my 2-cents.

Stacy

7. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks

I decided to watch the auction on those eggs just to see what they sold for... well, they are already up to $105.98 + S&H :eek: For 6 eggs !!!!!!

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

If that picture is an accurate representation of the eggs that are up for bid, they are nice and dark, but that price is crazy! I guess you'd have to want those particular bloodlines pretty badly to pay that much???!!!

Lori

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You can get eggs from well known breeders for less money than that!

10. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I love the MARAN eggs I get beat every year by them - The above post was right though the lady who shows the eggs and beats me uses Pullet eggs and they get lighter with each laying year -

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by