I saw them move!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by txhomegrown, Mar 12, 2011.

1. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Songster

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    Or I think that is what I saw. Do chicks move around in the shell at day 10? I just candled all 36 eggs at day 10 and am pleased at what I saw. This is my first hatch, so I don't know what I am seeing really. But there were no clear eggs and only one that had that black ring I have heard about. All the rest that I could see through had veins or were dark. And a few looked like something was moving around. I left them all in there and will candle again on day 18. Wish me luck.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yes, you CAN see them move in the shell. Isn't it an awesome feeling when you see that??!?

Happy Hatching!

3. TarHeelBlue

TarHeelBlue Songster

Jan 2, 2011
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    Isn't that the coolest thing!!!! The first time I saw it, I was jumping around and smiling!! Congrats![​IMG]: [​IMG] Just wait til the first one hatches. OMG [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. 1st time pekineers

1st time pekineers In the Brooder

Feb 23, 2011
    txhomegrown, congrats!!! we candled 21 pekin eggs last night (day 13) and everything is developing as it should. we too had movement in quite a few and if i'm not mistaken, my wife even finally got excited about the whole "duck thing". a bit of advice though, be prepared with your brooder box, i don't think chickens are near the mess that ducks are. . we hatched 5 about 2 weeks ago and i'm strugglin' trying to keep up with the mess. warmer weather (roggen,colo) should help as i'm taking over the garage with brooder boxes, the wife's gonna have to park outside. like i said i think she's finally getting excited about the whole "duck thing". good luck with you hatch & have a great day.

5. Kavellion

Kavellion Chirping

Jan 31, 2011
    Drummond, OK
    i love watching them move around in the shell one of my kids calls them mutations

6. Emmalion

Emmalion Songster

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    I saw mine move on day 8 (yesterday) totally creepy yet awesome. I was doing the happy dance all the way out of the room.

7. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Songster

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    It did have a kind of sci-fi alien floating in liquid look to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: