I saw this on the news...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Why and Dotte, May 22, 2010.

1. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    http://www.news25.us/global/story.asp?s=12526342

CHICAGO
    - Dora the Explorer is a popular cartoon that has a television show for kids on Nickelodeon. She even has her own line of products that include coloring books, dolls, backpacks and more.

But with Arizona passing the immigration law, Dora has been under heated controversy. Many have been questioning her immigration status because Dora is a Latina cartoon that speaks both Spanish and English.

Racist images of Dora are everywhere online, including sites such as Facebook and Google. Although the pictures may be harmless, experts say they reveal feelings about where the debate on immigration reform could be headed.

Many have been questioning her immigration status because Dora is a Latina cartoon that speaks both Spanish and English.

Are you kidding me? Controversy over a cartoon's immigration status (does a cartoon hava a immigration status?!), people just like looking for an arguement. [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    *sigh* What will they think of next?? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I'm a white American who speaks Indonesian and Japanese. Should we question my immigration status or is it okay since I'm white?

Give me a break. Seriously, questioning the legal status of a a cartoon? Some people need hobbies.......[​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, no different (or any less childish) than putting a Calvin Peeing On Ford sticker on your Chevy.

Basically boils down to name calling. Of course, this is a LOT more serious than a brand name rivalry.

Other bit in the article I saw was a girl asking MsO if her mom would be deported because her mom didn't have papers.

If MY child called the authorities and told them I'd committed a crime, witnessed it themself/had proof, MY bum would be arrested.

Being subject to the laws of our country is part of being American.

People who demand special treatment just because of their race just make racial tensions worse, not better.

Some day (obviously no time soon) we'll all realize that we're one bloody species, then MAYBE we can move forward.

No one demanding special treatments because they're superior, AND no one hurting others because they think they are. *sigh* someday.

I got an email talking about how Mexico was very upset with Arizona and our country because of this Immigration Law... then it goes on to list immigration laws... with the "punchline" being that they are the immigration laws currently on the books IN MEXICO. Anyone else gotten this email? Anyone know if any of it it actually true? If it is then Mexico is a great big hypocrite. Not gonna post the list, since odds are it's bogus, but thought I'd ask if anyone else knew anything about it.

5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:It's true.

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I got an email talking about how Mexico was very upset with Arizona and our country because of this Immigration Law... then it goes on to list immigration laws... with the "punchline" being that they are the immigration laws currently on the books IN MEXICO. Anyone else gotten this email? Anyone know if any of it it actually true? If it is then Mexico is a great big hypocrite. Not gonna post the list, since odds are it's bogus, but thought I'd ask if anyone else knew anything about it.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20070828055523lill.nb/topstory.html

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=156981

[​IMG]

7. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I don't know.. I don't see how our laws are any of Mexican President Felipe Calderon business.

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:True...

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Have you ever watched Dora? I used to with the kids.... My thing was I always wonder what kinda parents would let their kid roam all over the jungle with a monkey dress like that! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by