1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I saw this on youtube (heated water system) any one use something similar?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Xovan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    Here is the link.

I was thinking of doing this for my coop. Just wondering if it seem like it worth the time to incorporate into my coop.

1 person likes this.
  2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Hmmmm...interesting. Looks like a pretty good design as far as circulating and heating, I like the cup waterers better than the nipples tho. Left a Q asking what his climate is.

3. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    Me too.

4. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    I like the idea, but do you just keep adding water to the cooler when it is needed" The water in the cooler did not look clear. What about changing the water and cleaning the cooler? I wish he had addressed that. I bookmarked the video for possible future use.

5. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    I would think cleaning would be simple enough. Everything is removable. Just siphon out the water in the cooler, scrub it out with a bleach solution and rinse. I might even add a drain at the end of the nipple run, that way you could cycle the whole thing with a bleach solution then drain it. Just a thought.

6. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    A drain at the end of the nipple line would be a good idea because you would need to flush out and sanitize the entire system from time to time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by