I Says, I says... I says......Chicken Fever!

Brian

Songster
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
Jacksonville, ORegon
When we moved here to So Oregon almost a year ago. I wanted property, and I wanted to raise some chickens again. Several people lightly ribbed me for wanting chickens. "What are you going to do next? Buy overalls and walk around with a long blade of hay hanging from your mouth? A-huh, a-huh, ahuh." I thought to myself...is that a bad thing?

Flash forward to present. I now have 16 eight week olds in the hen house. One friend has 5, another has 4, another yet is talking about getting some, and a fourth has ordered 12.
wink.png

It's contagious! Have you witnessed chicken fever yourself?

Last edited:
I've already spread the 'contagion' to one set of friends, and another set is going to take some of the chicks I've got percolating in the bator. So YES, chicken fever is both addictive AND contagious!!

We've had our original set of chickens for exactly 1 year
smile.png

Last edited:
I'm the only one with chooks in my area, so far. The friends and family that know I have them, are entertained by the idea that I have them, but that's it.

It sure would be nice to have another neighbor to talk chicken to. (and to hear another bok bok ba gawk from someone elses back yard.)
smile.png

Several weeks ago, my son saw that one of our neighbors had some very beautiful show-quality chickens in their front yard. He immediately began to "pester" me for chickens. I was soooo against it.. "chickens are stinky.. chickens are hard to care for.. we don't know anything about chickens..." but he kept on, and as spring got closer, I relented, did a little research myself, and decided we would get just a few banties. A couple of pretty little things that we could enjoy.. and who knows, maybe end up with something to show at the fair.
Well, all it ook was that first trip to the feed store... and now I have it something bad... Chicken fever.. and the only cure is more chickens!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom