1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I seem to have a good influence on kids

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sumi, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    A friend of DH came to visit awhile ago with his kids, aged 7 and 10. While they were here they spent a lot of time with me and my feathered children, including a batch of incubator chicks I was raising.
    The friend has since moved his family to a farm and is trying his hand at pig farming, phoning us frequently with updates. Yesterday he phoned again and said DH must thank me. The kids usually ask for things like Playstations or other expensive gadgets for their birthdays, but this year they are demanding chickens! They've seen the good (and bad) times I'm having with my flock (he had to rush me and a chick to the vet when it choked, but the vet saved it thankfully) and it made a big impression on them. They now each want a few hens "for eggs, not for eating"

2. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

That's so cool!!! Kids can never have enough good hobbies!! That;s awesome!!! Love to see kids involved with any sort've livestock. So good for kids!! Thank-you for showing the children.
    I know my kids, love everything aniamal.. They love!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by