1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I seriously DISLIKE chickens right now!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Sep 8, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    One hen in particular, Maggie.
    It's hot out, in the 90s. I drag my ol' achy self outside to do a few chores and I hear the egg song! Only it wasn't coming from the coop, but instead way off in the distance in an area that's completely overgrown with brush and high grass.
    I unlock an old rusty gate that rarely used to head out there. Push my way thru the brush, looking for snakes the whole time. Step in and almost loose my footing in a pile of fresh cow poo. Finally reach the source of the egg song, push aside some tall weeds and find........Maggie, standing there with a look on her face that clearly said "Made ya look!" [​IMG]
    Maggie needs to watch her step with me. I haven't decided on what to cook for supper yet. [​IMG]
    DH has bush-hogging the area on the top of his list of honey-do's during next week's vacation. He so better remember that.

2. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    [​IMG] Mine dig the mulch out of my flowerbeds everytime I let them out. They better watch it too. Chicken jail for them! [​IMG] I just raked everything back in. [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Were you wearing your purple silky jammies when you almost slipped in the cow pie?

4. carolina chicky

carolina chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    South Carolina
    LOL...I think we have all been there. I am thinking of having a nice pot of chicken and dumpling from my 2 roo's who have grown up together and now decide they HATE each other. All they do is fight fight fight. If they manage to get together they fight all over the yard, knocking over buckets, stirring up my dog. So it's a fighting barking MESS!!!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No, I actually got dressed today. Amazing huh? Will wonders never cease.

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:No, I actually got dressed today. Amazing huh? Will wonders never cease.

[​IMG]

I love your sense of humor, gritsar! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by