I should be bald by now..... from the evidence anyway!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jan 16, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have a lot of hair, it's super fine and likes to stand on end and fly away, but it is very, very, thick. I'm tired of the bathtub getting clogged every couple of months, I was positive there was no way I lost that much hair. So I bought one of those screen net things that go into the drain hole to keep things you might not want down the drain from ending up there. I bought a set, one for Valentino who likes to drop my belongings down my bathroom sink, and one for my bathtub.

Since Monday I have collected enough hair to upholster my furniture, build 10 nests for the little hens, make a nice little coat for Angel the Chihuahua, and maybe make a couple of cute cat toys!

I had a ton of hair in that trap every single day! How can I not be bald by now? I didn't realize that humans have more hair than your average Yeti.

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I feel you, really I do. I have long hair, same texture as yours. I should be bald, but I'm not. [​IMG]

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I wear a flat top...way too much forehead

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I just don't get it, I know hair grows and is replaced,, but geez there is no way it could keep up with this! My students were laughing at me before they left my class for Art,, I had the big clips you hold paper with holding my hair back. Not paperclips, the twisted ones, the big ones!! The ones you pinch together?

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    My long hair is really thick, and it gets into everything! I find it everywhere, and DH has had some strange findings, too, but no details about that!

I have to use the screen in the tub, otherwise we'd be pouring all sorts of nasty stuff down the drain every other day, and that's not good for the septic tank!

What really amazes me is that between the hair I lose and the hair my dogs shed, I have wall to wall carpet! And no installation required! [​IMG]

6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

have you had your thyroid checked lately by chance?

Mine falls out in DROVES due to thyroid issues... [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:No I haven't but I need to anyway!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Mine falls out by the handfull too - I have a TON of fine hair. Thick and curly too. It is amazing how much hair we lose in a day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by