1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I should have known better .. Gahhhh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gabrielle1976, May 2, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok so its the day after pay day and I went shopping early did really good went out to break fast did really good , then I decided to go to the pet store and a get a couple crikets for the quail to eat. 2 bucks worth of crickets no big deal right [​IMG]
    I left 30 dollers later with a betta fish my son wanted a new betta tank when I have a fish tank at home already a little aquarim thing that was on clearance that I just had to have cuase it seemed cool even though tis to small for anyting but small tad poles or tree frogs or bugs, thus I had to get large crickets to put in it....
    At least I remmberd the quails small cricket [​IMG]

I should know bettter .. from now on I will go with only 2 or 3 bucks in my pocket and not my purse or I will send someone to pick them up for me , Ill be eating pb and j for a week to offset the cost. [​IMG]

Does anyone else do this?

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I used to, 3 kids ago [​IMG] , we have had most pets at some time or another . Now I have to sternly tell dh no when we go cuz he's a sucker for the kids [​IMG] . It's hard being the big meanie [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:i had to tell my DH once that he couldnt have a pet monkey!!!! [​IMG]

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine

[​IMG]

my husband is allergic to cats and we have 2 (for the kids). We have already discussed that we will not be replacing these when they pass as we would like to go camping etc in the next couple of years and it would just be easier without the cats, cuz the dogs can just come with. I got a call from dh a couple of months ago from work. One of the guys he works with was coming back from dinner(late shift) and was on a harley. He saw a fox carrying a kitten and revved his engine. The fox dropped the kitten and he picked it up. Dh said, hun there is a baby kitten here, a fox was going to eat it, can we keep it? [​IMG] I told him no way, stood my ground. Next morning I wake up and it's here [​IMG] . Lucky for him he only took it home for the night cuz the guy that found it was taking it(because dh told him no) but didn't want to stuff him in a saddle bag. Lucky I told him no, I would have changed my mind the second I saw it..........he makes it sooo hard, but then again, that's how I got all these chickens so I can't complain too much [​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky

[​IMG]

my husband is allergic to cats and we have 2 (for the kids). We have already discussed that we will not be replacing these when they pass as we would like to go camping etc in the next couple of years and it would just be easier without the cats, cuz the dogs can just come with. I got a call from dh a couple of months ago from work. One of the guys he works with was coming back from dinner(late shift) and was on a harley. He saw a fox carrying a kitten and revved his engine. The fox dropped the kitten and he picked it up. Dh said, hun there is a baby kitten here, a fox was going to eat it, can we keep it? [​IMG] I told him no way, stood my ground. Next morning I wake up and it's here [​IMG] . Lucky for him he only took it home for the night cuz the guy that found it was taking it(because dh told him no) but didn't want to stuff him in a saddle bag. Lucky I told him no, I would have changed my mind the second I saw it..........he makes it sooo hard, but then again, that's how I got all these chickens so I can't complain too much [​IMG]

i will pretty much feed anything anyone in our house drags home. Hasnt happend in a while, knok on wood , i hope it stays that way.

But i already wait on baby birds and small mamals the neighborhood brings to me. being a chicken ownr seems to equal wildlife specalist

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Over the years I have also had to be hard and say no... (difficult) ... or I would have ended up with a zoo...... now I am the home for anyone's unwanted chickens..... just waiting on 18 more to be delivered.........[​IMG]

7. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    We are nursing an orphaned squirrel right now, and if the thing wasn't so darned cute, he would be out on his rump!

8. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    oh gosh baby squirrels are passed up in cuteness only by baby coons [​IMG]
    I need to be carefull the next time I got to the feed store to there getting new baby ducks geese and chickens not to mention some one brought in baby buns [​IMG]

I need a 100 acre farm with at least 2 full time ranch hands and about 2 mill so I can have and keep and save anything I want to and keep them in properly large places [​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    This doesnt happen much at our house anymore (with the kids anyway,lol), but when I had 5 kids living at the house they brought home everything and anything.[​IMG] Our house was technically a zoo.

10. jubylives

jubylives Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2007
    Central Iowa
    That's a common problem here (4 kids). We went to walmart yesterday to get the necessities and I walked out $300 lighter. Never made it to the feed store. Although I wanted to. About animals, my house is a zoo. 13 chickens, 4 call ducks, 3 Bassett Hounds, 1 cat, 1 rabbitt, 1 land turtle, 1 water turtle, 1 fish. There is a Beta floating around here somewhere I think in the cave of doom (my 2 girl's room). I'm paying my sister to watch them the week we are vacationing in Colorado.

jeremy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by