I should probably know the answer...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by aidenbaby, Apr 14, 2009.

1. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    but do ALL roosters crow? Are some quieter? Can you teach them not to crow so much?

I'm very worried that one or both of my little D'Uccles are roos and I'd love to keep one if one was but only if it is quiet (I'm already breaking zoning regs by having them in the first place).

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    As far as I know they ALL crow! I've seen full size roosters that have softer crows and bantams that are very loud, I gues there is no rhyme or reason to it. I hope someone can give you a more definite answer.

3. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    Ok, so here are some pics of my babies. The ameracaunas are pullets. It is the black mottled D'Uccles that I am concerned about. They are the straight run. I think the D'Uccles may be of different ages as well, not sure. The larger D'Uccle has a twisted leg but walks fine... for now. If anyone wants to take a stab and guess if they can guess roo or not, I'd appreciate it. Also, the lady told me that they were a few days old when I got them but after seeing some other 1 1/2 week olds I don't know anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by