I should start some kind of charity LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Caat, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    At the rate my plans are going the coop keeps getting bigger and bigger and more and more elaborate! I really wish I had the "keep it simple and inexpensive" gene. But noooooooooooooo! Current plans include: grassbar (kinda like the one another member here <forgot their name>) the coop itself will have electicity because it gets cold up here in BC. It will also be insulated, have shingles, 16 nest boxes (for 6 laying hens mind you... Hubby won't do less), both indoor and out door access to the boxes, heat lamps and enclosed spaces for ceramic heaters. Hubby is trying to figure out how to get water to the coop...

Don't get me wrong, I think this is great!!! but I am starting to think we need to buy a small farm... well, no knowing hubby a HUGE farm... So effective immediately, I will be accepting charitable donations in form of money, wood, shingles, tools and various other supplies!

thank you one and all for your support!! lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I like the way you guys think!

[​IMG]

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Wow! Now that's some great support from your DH!!!! Wish I could get mine so enthused about chickens!

4. Caat

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    thanks! So do I! Apparently a friend of mine's girlfriend wants to rais chickens too so now they want to come over and help!! I think it's great! I can pay them with eggs for their help!

5. Caat

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Quote:he's the best!!! mind you he put his foot down when I said I wanted a cow... (not sure where I'd keep her but hey, when you have eggs, ou need milk, it just makes sense!)

Edited to add: Oh, He's totally into the Bees (next year's project)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by