I slept out next to my meaties last night...

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by krcote, Jun 20, 2011.

1. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I had noticed something trying to dig under their tractor yesterday morning. So I camped out with the 3 dogs and kept whatever it was at bay for the night. We are planning to trap it, but can't get the trap until tomorrow. I'll have you know that 4 week old meaties peep all night long...

2. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    [​IMG] You did not! I hope you catch whatever it is!!

3. Mrs. Cannon

Mrs. Cannon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Vandalia, IL
    Now that's dedication![​IMG]. I really hope you get it:fl

4. krcote

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I couldn't stand the thought of losing our investment in time, effort and money to a predator. I had a big tent and an air matress, it wasn't so bad. My husband had to work over night so the dogs kept me company and served as my protection. [​IMG] If the trap is delayed another day, you can bet your bottom I'll be out there again tonight!

5. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    I've spent the noght in the barn with Ewes ready to deliver....but never my chickens...................
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, something to add to my bucket list..........[​IMG]

6. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    That takes some dedication. I would have been terrified my meaties would have either escaped their tractor and ate me or slept on me and crushed me, lol.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    What a dedicated person you are. You must love them very much. [​IMG] I would do the same thing if my DH would not think I was nuts and call the men with the white jackets that hug you. [​IMG]

8. Jschaaff

Jschaaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Yep, like another poster said, THAT is dedication! [​IMG] Good luck catching whatever it was, and let us know how it goes!!!!

-Jessa

9. krcote

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I slept out with the meaties again last night. No evidence of the beast. Our trap source didn't work out, so now I am worried that if I sleep inside tonight the beast will be back! What to do?

10. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Quote:This struck me as funny enough to be quoted in the Funniest BYC'er quotes thread.. so I shared it there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by