I so hate my dogs right now!

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I went to close up the coop and was missing one of my daughters(she's 12)hens. I went crazy looking for the girl. It finally dawned on me. They never run off. I went to the dog pen (6 ft high, very large pen) and there my 2 beagle were looking at me. I looked over and there was a pile of feathers, a few feet away, a carcass. Poor girl. They did not even know they did wrong. I had a hard time not killing them because I knew my daughter would be devastated. She cried
sad.png
. I know it's instict but I can still be mad at them. :thun

At least she is doing better. I couldn't find dinner in the fridge. I was talking out loud to myself and said "where the heck is the chicken". She said "it's out in the dog run". Poor girl.

How awful!

One of my dogs got loose last week and killed my buff orpington within 30 seconds. It's taken me a week to be able to talk to the dog (although I know it wasn't her "fault"). Mine is also some sort of hound, though not a beagle.

I know the feeling. I have a rottie that stay's in a 4ft tall chain length pen. I also have 4 WCBP roo's that roam the yard, well needless to say 2 of them thought the grass was greener on the other side. I hate that she got them, and I did get mad, but at the same time I know it is just her nature.

I am sorry for your lose!!

Awww, I'm so sorry! I'm battling predators right now (raccoons), but at least it's easier to be mad. I'd be devastated if my German shepherd got one of my chickens or ducks. Charles, the GSD, is my bud.... I'd have a hard time being upset with him.

Hope your daughter is doing well.

Well, Dad came up and there were feathers everywhere
sad.png
. He searched the whole dog run and all he could find was a single leg. In a way(odd way) I fell better that they didn't just kill her for sport. Other than the feathers I probably wouldn't have know they got her if I waited a little longer
hmm.png
. They are show dogs and have heard so much about the "instinct and drive" not being there because too many people were breeding for looks and forgetting what they are really for(beagles, that is). So much for that........

I'm so sorry. I'm wondering how my dogs are going to react to my chickens when I get them. I know my golden/aussie shepard likes to chase the sea birds at the coast, so I can just imagine.

I had white mice at one time, somehow 2 got out of their cage & of course my cats killed them both. I was sad, of course, but couldn't really be mad at the cats. They were just cats doing what cats do.

Doesn't stop the hurt, tho.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom