I so wish I had money in my paypal right now!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 15, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
  2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy there's nothing worse that finding an AWESOME deal (or just something really cool) and not having the funds.
    Why I avoid the shops and ebay unless I've got money, get too mad/bummed otherwise.

But, as to this particular item... Who would put a guinea pig in a tiny little cage like that?!

I mean, for transport it works, but how's a guy supposed to pace, n'mind popcorn, properly in that?

Piggies prefer a friend, and the minimum for a happy pair is 7.5sf.... 10.5sf better... that's just a smidge over two. [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I was thinking of needing them to house button quail, my 2 piggies have a 3x4 C&C cage [​IMG]
    Plus since this is a chicken site I was thinking along the lines of chick brooders and all that since they'd be stackable [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a little eerie... C&C was precisely what I was thinking of...

And when I read the dimensions I immediately thought of the quail I can't have and cursed our AV all over again.

Eerie indeed.

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I've got a cage that I think is the same as those. It is AWFUL for button quail. Trust me.

They whig out in it and run back and forth in a hyperactive crazed state.

It doesn't matter which button quail you put in it. They soon start acting that way. Move them back to a solid sided cage (pet carrier) and they start acting normal again in a few days.

Right now, I have the girl in it who had injured her leg. In order for her to act semi-normal in the cage, I have to keep it draped with towels, except for part of the front.

Plus, it's super hard to put the two pieces together. They don't snap together easily. Plus, it's hard to open and close the door. And, as a result of all of that, it takes quite a bit to clean. If you keep taking the wire off the bottom it would break before long.

Hope I dampened your desire for them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by