I sold my coop....Twice?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 10, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Finally, I sold my coop. Problem is, I've actually sold it twice. :eek:

This lady with Bantams wants it after Christmas, I told her if it sells, I'll build her another. Then I get an e-mail from a guy who wants it too. He's sending a deposit, wants it delivered on the 28th. I guess I've got to get busy and build another one. Wish it wasn't below freezing here.

Having fun as it is keeping up with the Christmas orders. I guess I could have worse problems. [​IMG]

See my coop at

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    We should have such problems, good luck!
  3. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yeah, I shouldn't complain. I'm not really, just a little overwhelmed. I got an order, for a M14 pen sets that I make, on my etsy website. So I whipped that out this morning. While at the PO, mailing it, I checked my PO box there. I had another order for a pen set. So I came home and glued up enough blanks to make that pen set, and one extra. I checked my e-mail and I had another order for a pen set. I'm feeling really good, that I made extra blanks. Then I checked my e-mail a few minutes ago, and some guy wants 4 sets. WOW!! I'm excited, but I'm going to be really busy. 6 pen sets and a chicken coop. [​IMG] Hot Dog, I'm big time now. Just hoping for a heat wave [​IMG]

I also plow snow, and we are expecting another 3-6" tonight. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to sleep.
  4. BerdooFarm

BerdooFarm Out Of The Brooder

Congrats! I'm sure those coops will make your customers happy for many years.[​IMG]
  5. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    can I ask how much for it?
  6. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I sold it for $600. I figured the cost involved, and I'm losing big time on my time. But I figure that was the first one and I was figuring out things as I went. I think I can probably cut the time in half this time and then I might do ok. My goal is to make enough money to pay for all that I have tied up in my chickens and coops etc.

DH thinks I need to be making lots of coops now. I made a little money and he likes that. Looks good on the books.

I also have another coop that a lady wants to hire me to make for her. She wants some changes to my basic design.

I wish I had a good drafting program, I'd draw up the plans. I have a degree in Drafting and Design, but no software. I've got to fix that.
  7. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    That is Awesome

8. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Sounds like you are going to be really busy! Congratulations! I think a lot of areas have a market for a smaller coop, but no local suppliers. Once word gets around, I'm thinking you might stay busy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by