I Solemly Swear....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hearthnsoul, May 19, 2010.

1. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Yesterday I took a 3 hour drive to pick up a wether that I plan to move with my buck when we separate from the does (nigerian goats) and when i arrived, the woman was not back yet. So I sat in the driveway and around the corner comes a potbelly pig. Oh my it was the cutest thing I ever did see. It sniffed the chickens,..went to the front door looking for treats maybe or a go inside. I told my daughter give me your camera I need a picture he is just precious. he came right over,..friendly as all get out. The owner arrived and I said your just killing me with the pig,..she said oh...you want him? he is for sale.
    You know what I have come to learn since I bought my very first chick,..it's for sale it the worst words that can be said to me! It's like all sensibility just abandons me. My daughter, the mouth of reason stayed in the car reading,..while I went out back to get the wether. So we got to talking about the pig and I new I was heading for danger one,..so I said let me go talk to my daughter. My daughter likes the animals,..but she is an adult and very opinionated usually a mom come on,..I figured yep, mouth of reason. I walked to the car she turned my cell phone to me and on it was a twitter from her to the world. My mother is looking at a pig, she thinks it's cute, how much you wann bet she is bringing it home. I shook my head and said what do you think. She finally got out of the car said what's his name,..and let me tell you it was all over then when the owner said Wilbur,..ugh,..charlottes web. So here we go,..wether in the back in a nice carrier,..pig on back seat mucking up the leather. 3.5 hours later,..no accident, no complaining and we were home with wilbur and our new goat nemo.
    So the pledge...
    I solemnly swear I will bring no more animals home, not one, never ever ever again. I would like to say unless it's really cute,..but I won't,.. I mean it this time,..NO MORE ANIMALS!!!
    You know she had a female pig too,...hmmm.....I even told her I would come get it on friday [​IMG],...but no I am calling her to cancel,...I know now I went over the edge,...I swear it no more room at the Inn!
    So once again I solemnly Swear I will bring no more animals home!

2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    [​IMG] Yeah..........GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! [​IMG]

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    But But But.....
    Wilber will be so alone! [​IMG]

4. hearthnsoul

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Quote:No, no...noooooo.... I swear no more animals, not even jimney cricket is coming to stay.

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Uh huh.. So what time do you pick up the Female???????

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. hearthnsoul

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Quote:I am going to throw my keys into the woods if I get tempted [​IMG]

7. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:I am going to throw my keys into the woods if I get tempted [​IMG]

Thats a good plan... Let me know how that how that works out for ya !! LOL .. Nah just teasing you.. I was only supposed to hatch 35 or so quail this year and ended up hatching a couple hundred so I feel ya.. I cant even go on CL anymore because I cant say no to the freebies.. Im so bad I almost a got Patagonian Cavy the other day from there.. For those would dont know they are like a 45 lb guinea pig.... But it was housed trained and sweet as pie.... Im so sad i didnt get it.... I wish you the best of luck ... But do want to see pics as soon as you get her home ....

8. Marie1234

Marie1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Pigs really are social animals. One by itself is not such a great idea. [​IMG]

9. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I'm thinking you are pledging to the wrong people here. [​IMG]

10. hearthnsoul

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Well you know there is a bit more to the story that made me go into a moment of what the heck are you doing?
    So we get the pig home. The owner warned me he doesn't like to be picked up. But she of course did to put him into my car. So easy peazey riiiiiight?! So for those of you who don't know, I went sort of dressed down for me, a sundress, flip flops and a summer cashmere sweater,..stop snickering now.... So I pick up said pig and say to my daughter, go before me and open the gate. So I am going to say driveway to corral maybe 200 feet. That was 197 feet too many. Have you ever heard a pig scream?? OH MY Gosh it is the most horrifying sound ever!!! and have you ever tried to hold a squirming pig,...uhm,..no,..but I made a good go of it, I made it all of 185 feet and we fell, both of us. Now the first thought that enters ones mind is oh nOOOOOO
    the pig is loose. My daughter,..useless in this arena as usual is holding her iced coffee and laughing as loud as the pig is screaming. So I jump up wipe myself off and made a b-line into the corral and grabbed a cup of feed and shook it for all my life,..it's a pig isn't it,..this is food,..surely he will come. Let me say the angels were with me,..because he did,..I couldn't believe it he came to me, straight into said corral. He ate his feed and I spent twenty minutes shaking and trying to catch my breathe and put my heart back in my chest in my muddy sundress and ruined flip flops.
    Ok but it doesn't end there,..it's raining,..ok horrific rain,..expected thunderstorms all day today,..the goats hate the pig and the wether. The wether is small so hubby and I were out there til 11pm finally we gave up and put said pig and wether in with the ducks and chicks. As soon as youngest is on the bus,..guess who has to spend the day playing referee in an enclosed place,...with all chickens, 5 pain in the tush chicks, 4 gioats and a oh so cute little pig,....ugh I solemnly swear no more animals. Just in case I forget I may frame my sundress and sweater and hang it in the barn and keep a snapshot in my car [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by