I sometimes wish my cat didn't love me so much

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gryeyes, Dec 10, 2011.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

How the heck can I get him to get OUT OF THE WAY of my computer monitor???

He's purring and bumping me and turning and waving his fluffy tail. There is NO way I can see around him. Good think I'm a touch typist.

I don't wanna tick him off by picking him up and dropping him away from the computer desk, because I know he just wants attention. But he does this ALL the time. Every single time I sit here.

[​IMG]

Lordy, I sound like a whiny teenager here, instead of the mature woman I am. [​IMG]

Edited to add: good think, huh? Well, almost a touch typist....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. Treats in the other room!!!!! [​IMG]

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm having the same problem right now too!!!!! I love my kitty!

4. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    get a real small computer desk...mine just barely fits the monitor and the keyboard so no cat room (she has tried)
    That leaves the lap open for lounging [​IMG]

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    My cat was doing the exact same thing earlier. I did shove her out of my way, a few times, and she finally got the idea and smooshed herself right up next to my laptop. Then she moved right in front and I had to type over her back. Silly kitty... [​IMG]

Maybe you could set your cat on your lap? I've done that to my cat and the worst damage she can do is bump my hand on the mouse right when I'm about to click (with the desktop, anyway).

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I don't have this problem with my cats, but when I go outside around my bucks. One of them has to rub on me the entire time I am in his pen. Lays his head in my lap and you don't want to know what else he has done to me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] And his brother would be just as bad if the bigger one would share with him. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Hah--I use a laptop and my kitty (one of them) sits on the sewing machine next to me and reaches her paw to tap me on the shoulder so I "dont forget she is there" and I can pet her! It is worse if I have something tasty to eat! T

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    It's nice to know that I am not the only one with a cat problem. [​IMG]

9. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    Out of six cats only one does not try to sit with me when I am on the computer. One of the cats is pretty good about it, he has his 'spot' out of my way. So be happy it is only one cat in your way.

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I could send Cuatro to keep him entertained.....

I should say pahleezeeeeeeeeee let me send Cuatro to keep him entertained. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by