I sooo love my buff orps!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RockyToggRanch, Mar 22, 2009.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I just have to say...they are the sweetest, happiest, most enjoyable creatures I have ever encountered.

ORPINGTONS ROCK!!

2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Glad to hear that I have two in the brood box

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Orpingtons do rock! Now you need to get some blue ones! [​IMG]

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You are so right! [​IMG] I have buff orps due to hatch tonight. I can't wait to have those little cuties in the brooder. [​IMG]

5. justonemorehatch

justonemorehatch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    I love my buff girls they're so laid back.

6. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I know!!!! Just try cuddling with one of your other girls...then pick up an orp. They are soo cuddleable...is that a word? I have 1 that's 10 mos and 8 that are 10 weeks. they are my faves.

7. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Ditto! My girls are all so friendly and they're always happy to see me. I can't freerange them because of neighborhood dogs that occasionally pop on the property, but I give them handpicked grasses and clovers daily and they love it when I toss in an armful of pine needles filled with bugs, grubs and other yummy surprises.

And I have to add that there's nothing like watching a buff take a dust bath! They're so full and fluffy, it's insane how much dust they can get up under those feathers!

8. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    They are my favorite also. I started with 5 hens from a friend in Aug and now i have 12 in the brooder, 20 in my laundry room and 20 coming on april 6th. I am now waiting on a bator because all i have are buffs and i am really, really wanting some blue!!! Hint Hint

Here is my favorite girl. She is like a dog..of course her name is Henny Penny..LOL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by