I sooo love my buff orps!

RockyToggRanch

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Upstate NY
I just have to say...they are the sweetest, happiest, most enjoyable creatures I have ever encountered.

ORPINGTONS ROCK!!

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
You are so right!
I have buff orps due to hatch tonight. I can't wait to have those little cuties in the brooder.

RockyToggRanch

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Upstate NY
I know!!!! Just try cuddling with one of your other girls...then pick up an orp. They are soo cuddleable...is that a word? I have 1 that's 10 mos and 8 that are 10 weeks. they are my faves.

Chicky Tocks

Songster
11 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Benton, Arkansas
Ditto! My girls are all so friendly and they're always happy to see me. I can't freerange them because of neighborhood dogs that occasionally pop on the property, but I give them handpicked grasses and clovers daily and they love it when I toss in an armful of pine needles filled with bugs, grubs and other yummy surprises.

And I have to add that there's nothing like watching a buff take a dust bath! They're so full and fluffy, it's insane how much dust they can get up under those feathers!

melissastraka

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Hoquiam, WA
They are my favorite also. I started with 5 hens from a friend in Aug and now i have 12 in the brooder, 20 in my laundry room and 20 coming on april 6th. I am now waiting on a bator because all i have are buffs and i am really, really wanting some blue!!! Hint Hint

Here is my favorite girl. She is like a dog..of course her name is Henny Penny..LOL

Last edited:

Top Bottom