I start my first job on Monday, and....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by theCoolAimee, May 15, 2011.

1. theCoolAimee

theCoolAimee Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    My mom is mad about it! I try to do something good.>.< gosh. I want to have my jeep fixed, so I got a job to pay for it myself. Responsibility, right? Is she mad that her child is growing up? No, she's mad because she might have to give me a ride once in a while. I got called dirty names and punished for trying to grow up. I need a pair of black pants and shoes, and she's refusing to buy them. What's a girl to do [​IMG] she told me she couldn't afford to buy me shoes......while she was picking out some cowboy boots for my younger brother. Ugh! Sorry, had to.complain.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have two words for you: Public transit.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Save up some money to purchase the clothing. Also, your work place may provide your uniform or provide part of the amount you need to pochard the dress code requirements.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Well, it won't do if you live out in the country.

Do you have friends that can help you until you get your Jeep fixed? And you can repay the favor back to them by giving them rides too.

Do have have friends that can loan you some black pants or go to the thrift store and buy some black pants and shoes?

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Hard to save up money when you need it now. Borrow?

Yes good idea if workplace provides uniforms or have some kind of clothing allowance.

6. theCoolAimee

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    I'm going to do whatever I can.

7. theCoolAimee

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    I have a friend who can give me rides sometimes, as for the clothes I'm at a loss. I've called everyone. Maybe I should call the manager and explain the situation.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Maybe borrow $5 and hit a thrift store.

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I would suggest looking for a thirft shop. Our one has an *everything 50 cent sale* on Mondays,and boy are they packed.Thrift is the best place to get cheap cloths.Gosh, I am so cheap I hate to even pay $3 for a like-new anything at the thrift!

As for rides offer to fill the gas tank for your mom or whoever gives you a ride. If at all possible take a bus or walk. We have a bus service that will pick you up at home and take you somewhere for $3.25.

Soon you will have your jeep fixed and mom will be all happy you are working and giving her some money.If not then it is time to move on.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    A wanted Ad on Craigslist might get you what you need as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by