I stepped on one of my girls!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dbounds10, May 6, 2011.

1. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I was cleaning the run this morning and accidentally stepped on Wilma! (8 week old BR). Of course she yelled and I jumped a mile. She is walking on it but favoring it and holding it up some. I picked her up and moved her toes. She did not protest, and there was no blood.

What should I look for to make sure she is OK? Do I need to bring her in? No one seems to be picking on her.

Feel like a real dumb @%(^!!!!

2. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    She should be fine, i had a hen dislocate her middle toe about a moth ago, i carefully snapped it back in place then she limped for a while but now she's fine

3. WallTenters

WallTenters Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweet Home, OR
    She will be fine. I had a poor hen get stepped on by a horse - she gimped around for a week or two and now she's right as rain. All I was able to do for her was clean her foot really good and put some vetricin on it the first few nights until the skin started healing again - I was worried about infection, as hers did have the skin broken in several spots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by