1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I still gots goldfish in mah pond!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cheri, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I started out with a dozen. Then a dozen catfish. In November we had a strange occurance. We had lost over 400 cat and gold fish. The Forestry guy said that usually happens in the spring. It happened when we had cold weather then real hot right after and it zapped the pond of it's oxygen. I was so upset. Dan just came in and told me he saw a young goldfish jump in the pond. I must go and see if I have any pictures of my pond online!! Oh and not so good news.........I had a snake. Yuck.

2. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Ok now, no congratulations means no catfish fry! [​IMG]

3. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh heck, I'll say Yay![​IMG] I know I love my pond. We started with 3 koi, 3 fantails, and 3 Sarasas. It didn't stay that way long!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sure yours will soon have the place repopulated!

So shall I be expecting the fried catfish in the mail? ...on second thought that probably wouldn't be a good idea would it? [​IMG]

4. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    You go girl! Grats on your cats woot!!! [​IMG]

5. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Quote:OOO purty fish! I had one koi but he died. I bought my goldfish at a bait barn. Then Mr. Doyle (lovely old gentleman) from down the road brought me 12 catfish fingerlings he found in a puddle and the rest is history! My husband loves to sit on the pond bank and feed the catfish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by