1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I stuffed my turkeys for Thanksgiving..Sorta

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ArizonaNessa, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I just wanted to share this with you all. I have been getting quite creative with my treats for my turkeys lately. The other day I got a craving for cranberries and bought myself a bag of Crasins. You know dried cranberries. Well this morning I had my fill and decided to share with the turkeys. I had no idea if they would even eat them but out I went. OMG holy cow they went nuts over them. As I was standing there giving out dried cranberries one at a time and playing with the girls watching them jump up in the air for them I thought gosh this just seems so wrong. I felt like I was stuffing the turkeys before their time. Of course these are my pets and not intended for food but still I couldn't help but think about the fact that I was filling them up on whole wheat bread and dried cranberries which is what most people wait til AFTER they are butchered to do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by