I suck at this! (im crying alot right now!) Are they alive? *PICS*

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
I am OK at the duck thing, feeding, watering, takeing care of the ducks. But I completly SUCK at hatching their eggs.

while I was at my dads house, my mom was takeing care of my eggs in my incubator, and they all died!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I think they are atleased. All of them are turning dark and they are no more cute little heart beats
hit.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Aw! it's okay!!! I've read that hatchin' ain't easy, and I'm two weeks away from learning how good or bad I've done.

Don't be hard on yourself. Read up on duck hatching and try again someday.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! Ive read up all I can I hatching, it was going good till I went to my dads and forgot to fill the tray... Oh well, I hope I can do better in spring...

Are you sure they are dead? Eggs turn dark when the growing chick/duckling starts to fill the space inside. What day are you on? Can you still see any veining?

I never have the heart to throw the egg out until im SURE they are dead. So wait! If they were dead there would be no veining?! I see some! Alot more then when I left! But there was no heart beats?! Should I candle some a post pics?! You guys are awesome!!!!

Quote:
Hay give ur self a pat on your back. At least you are trying something others will not attempt. As far as hatching duck eggs you will get it. I started with chicken eggs. Trsut me I stil have lots of issues. This summer was crazy. I had trouble with humidity and temp. I use a still air only. I prefer the simple bators to the fancy ones. In the winter I was putting eggs in a towel in the bathroom with the shower one when we lost electric for a week. Luckly I hatched 20 out of 30 of those chicks.
big_smile.png

ncubation

Quick Start

Temperature:
101.5 degrees F. in a still-air incubator
99.5 degrees F. in a forced air incubator

Humidity:
Chickens: Relative humidity should be 50 to 55%. Some say to raise the humidity the last three days to 58%. Guineas are the same.
Waterfowl: Relative humidity for goose and duck eggs is 63%, raise the humidity the last three days to 70%.

Back
Top Bottom