I Suddenly do not have enough room

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, May 13, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    How sneaky addiction is. I have six (+)showgirl eggs on their way, plus 50(+) Jumbo Coturnix quail eggs....my one incubator is full with the turner and every egg cup full (full of EE, SIlkie and Australorp)...my other incubator was my hatcher bator. Now, if I hurry out and buy another turner- can someone tell me how big this type of quail egg is? Will the eggs fit in regular chicken egg holders or will they fit in the quail egg cups?

Talk about putting the cart before the horse....or, the chickens before the coop...

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

I dont think they will fit in a chicken egg turner rack, i assume you have a hova or lg bator, even if they do fit you will only get 40+ eggs in it.
    You can mix and match those turner racks. Put a few quail racks in and few chicken racks...walla problem solved...

Hope this helps with the adiction, LOL [​IMG]

Charlie

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    You are to funny! [​IMG]

4. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    ack- I will buy quail racks for the turner- each rack holds 20 eggs...three of those and three for the chicken eggs, that hold 7 eggs each...equals...*counting*...hey, I won't have enough eggs....*hmm*

5. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Some how or another i knew you would say that....LMFAO [​IMG]

It will work out for you..ive done that many times when i used Hova bators, it will help with the addiction we all have...

Charlie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by