I swear her egg was dropped

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by smurfboe, Jan 28, 2010.

1. smurfboe

smurfboe Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2009
    Phillipston, MA
    So I'm doing duck duty last night in the pen around 9pm when I got home. My four were planning an escape all day, I swear. The minute I take their rubber tub out of the pen to clean it, they all quiet down for a few seconds. When I turn around to see why, they were all standing outside the pen. The minute I turn around they start chuckling up a storm like they had pulled off the great escape.

So after a few circles around the pen they finally decide it's better to be inside where the clean water is. All except my dumb little Tilly. She decides to take a different route. So now three are in and one is out. She's wandering round and round the pen on the outside and the others are circling the pen on the inside. After about 10 min se finally figures out where the door is and then the big family reunion happens.

It does amaze me when on get separated how flustered they all get.

2. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Goofy ducks! Ya got'ta love'em!

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    They make me think of ants .. When a leaf drops in the path all of them scramble different directions.. LOL

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] My dippy ducks do the same kinds of thing. You would think I have a maze in my back yard the way they get themselves lost in fences.

5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I have the dumbest black east indie. Every night it's the same routine. I clap my hands, say it's bedtime, everyone heads for the duckhouse, up the VERY WIDE ramp, and through the door. Every night this silly girl takes a left inches in front of the ramp and starts quacking her little head off because she's all alone. Then she runs under the ramp, quacks some more, under the duckhouse, quacks louder, pops out the back running back and forth and quacking like she's dying. The entire time all the little drakes are doing their drake sound all upset and want to come back out. Finally she gets back to the front, starts heading for the ramp and does the same exact thing. She does this no less than three times before she takes that extra step to turn onto the ramp. Then she FLIES into the coop.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by