I swear im getting rid of my chickens!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GAChknGirl, Dec 13, 2009.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    All of them lol and switching to ducks we get more eggs from our 3 ducks then we do our 15 hens!!!!rawr!!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm getting plenty of eggs, but have threatened my hens with extinction for various acts of nonsense.
    I threaten my roo with a skillet daily. He gives me serious stinkeye and I threaten. It's how our relationship works. [​IMG]

3. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Hitting him with the skillet, or cooking him in it? [​IMG]

4. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I think im going to threaten my hens now maybe that will work!!!! my roo on the other hand he is pretty good

5. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    I'm right there with ya [​IMG]
    My ducks are laying machines, but my chickens...freeloaders.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

*rubs chin thoughtfully*

Hmmm... maybe we should go ducky instead of clucky.... something to think on....

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I've been considering the same, switching from hens to Khaki Campbells. Strangely enough I got my first egg since July from a new layer yesterday. My Pekins lay seasonally but when they're laying they outdo the hens, i've had them lay twice in a day on several occasions.

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Both. Last night it was my baby Lil' Bit that I threatened. She's playing around with going broody again. [​IMG] Wouldn't let me remove her from the nest at bedtime, so I let her stay. I did warn her that if she pooped in the nest overnight she'd be in big trouble this morning. She must have been paying attention. The nest was clean when I went out there this morning.

9. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Quote:Both. Last night it was my baby Lil' Bit that I threatened. She's playing around with going broody again. [​IMG] Wouldn't let me remove her from the nest at bedtime, so I let her stay. I did warn her that if she pooped in the nest overnight she'd be in big trouble this morning. She must have been paying attention. The nest was clean when I went out there this morning.

I promise, i wont potty! [​IMG]

10. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Oh yeah, my ducks always laid more eggs. Do you have Khakis? I swear those girls are laying MACHINES!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by