I SWEAR I'M NOT AN ADDICT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by eldonrgv, Feb 6, 2017.

1. eldonrgv

eldonrgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2016
    Roma Texas
    I hope my wife doesn't go thru our credit card purchases cuz she might ask for a divorce. I ordered 35 chicks from Ideal Poultry and another 20 from Purely Poultry. I ordered White Leghorns, Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, and Kraienkoppes from Ideal, then I browsed Purely Poultry and found a deal I couldn't let go so I ordered another 20 Black Copper Marans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You better have a good plan for earning some brownie points - or maybe move to the dog kennel [​IMG]

3. Dmontgomery

Dmontgomery Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Longville, La
    If she looks at the credit card bill simply say, "You ruined your surprise! I bought you 75 chickens for your Valentine's Day present!"

(PS, I wish I was brave enough to buy 75 chickens without my wife's permission....)

4. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Much better than the wrecked army ambulance my hubby bought at auction to 'fix it up' many years ago. Instead of us taking a nice trip. It wasn't a good scene!!! These birds will be wonderful; keep telling her that! And we are still married. [​IMG] Mary

5. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    I'll add that you are now in a weak position regarding anything she may decide to bring home.... Mary

6. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL, I am keeping the cost of my coop to myself, 75 chicks are cheap in comparison. Thousands....... I have decided to call it the barn instead, it just seems reasonable considering the cost.

Gary

Must. Finish. Coop.

7. eldonrgv

Oct 5, 2016
    Roma Texas
    All my bird on their way, all shipped yesterday. In addition I ordered another 12 Orientals from Ideal Poultry 6 Black Shamos 2 males and 4 females plus another 12 Thailands 2 males and 4 females. Close to $200 in birds all together. Plus my hatches of Feb.17 hatched plus another hatch on the 22nd.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Right?

Best of luck to you, OP [​IMG]

9. Venevee

Venevee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2016
    This is exactly something my future husband/boyfriend will have to deal with, LOL! I hope you have room for all your babies! [​IMG]

10. eldonrgv

Oct 5, 2016
    Roma Texas
    Finished a 8' wide by 8' length and 8' high and ill finish a second one by tomorrow, so I think I got that covered. What I don't know is how to cover my "criminal actions"...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by