I think 1 of my Roo's is crazy

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by deChickyHen, Sep 15, 2011.

1. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    1 of my RIRs has issues, he's very flighty... ok maybe thats normal, but I have seen this bird fly into the coop wall [​IMG] , do some kind of twirly go into circle move [​IMG] , instead of scrathing himself, he scratched another hen [​IMG] ... he runs with his neck strait up in the air, and he rolled around in the dirt, something like the cat does. I dont think this is normal. [​IMG] ..... I think I'm putting him on the speacial needs list [​IMG]

2. bckyrdchknluvr

bckyrdchknluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG]:lau:gig.

3. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Bonkers completely bonkers. [​IMG]

I never understand why they do what they do and maybe that's for the best. [​IMG]

Oh and [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  4. 7kids12hens

7kids12hens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    I don't know about flying into the wall, but the dirt part sounds like he's dirt bathing, which is a normal and healthy activity for them. Is it posiible he's trying to mate. They do a little dance with one wing down and it goes from there. The mating can look a little violent (or a lot). The first time my husband looked out the window and saw the rooster on a hen, he yelled to me "he's killing one of your birds!!" I ran thinking it was a fox. When I saw it, I laughed and told him they were just mating. He didn't believe me. He had to go look it up on YouTube. I had to learn the hard way that roosters a very different creatures from hens. I hear RIRs can be extra fiesty.

5. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:I don't know... I think he's too young to mate. he's only 6 weeks old... but maybe because I do have 2 other roo's

6. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:Thank you....! [​IMG] I'm glad to be here

7. deChickyHen

Sep 12, 2011
    Yep he is diff goin on the special needs list, WTH is wrong wit him ? it seems like the circle thing he does is like he's chasing his wing, like a dog chases his tail. I picked him and was checking his wing to see if something was on it, this thing started pecking his wing like he hates it or something.. nothing was on it like I can tell.... IDK I wonder was he dropped as an egg or something... [​IMG] altho he is extreamly funny to watch... [​IMG]

8. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    [​IMG]

9. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps