1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think a coon gave me a visit last night

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by godfather, Apr 14, 2009.

1. godfather

godfather Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Blountville Tn
    Got home from work.And i was missing one buff 8week old chick.No feathers or anything.Betting coon what do youall think? Ill be waiting for him tonight.Toting triple 000 buck

2. kartking22

kartking22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Could be just about anything godfather. Feral cats, neighbors cats, dogs, weasels ,rats ,etc. An eight week old chick is fair game to just about any preditor. You need to find out what is actually taking them to find the best solution to extermination. Shot gun is a good solution for just about anything except if it's the neighbors dog or other pet that can get you into legal trouble for killing it. My advice to you is to find out what the preditor is first, then take appropriate measures. You might even get reimbursed for your loss if it is a neighbors domestic pets. If it's in the "other" category, Blast it with both barrels if you can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by